POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : OS as a Service : Re: OS as a Service Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:24:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OS as a Service
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 2 Aug 2015 20:50:59
Message: <55bebaf3$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 01 Aug 2015 18:21:26 +0200, clipka wrote:

> Support := help with operating the software in conditions not
> anticipated during the design.

In software these days, design tends to follow implementation - which is
backwards.

That's what leads to a lot of broken UIs.  No design before
implementation - the design comes with the implementation, and it follows
the implementation rather than having a UX plan before the implementation
starts.

> Nothing wrong with that in my book, provided the company isn't shifting
> costs from the design phase to the support phase.

Indeed, that's the problem I'm talking about - but with the added bit of
"pay us to tell you how to use it properly".

Jim