POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 1+2+3+4+... = ? : Re: 1+2+3+4+... = ? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 1+2+3+4+... = ?
From: Warp
Date: 1 Aug 2015 18:24:16
Message: <55bd4710@news.povray.org>
scott <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> There's no grouping like you did in the original proof. Which part of
> the original proof assumes the length of the summation is anything other
> than infinite?

This part of the proof is grouping elements in pairs and summing them up:

  (s-4s) = 1+2+3+4+5+ 6+...
             -4  -8  -12-...
  -3s    = 1-2+3-4+5-6+...

> Welcome back BTW :-)

I had some problems with the dreaded "can't get fully qualified domain
name" error (which was incidentally solved by ticking one checkbox in
an obscure system setting. But damned it was hard to figure that out.)

--
                                                          - Warp