POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : OS as a Service : Re: OS as a Service Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:43:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OS as a Service
From: Stephen
Date: 31 Jul 2015 12:40:52
Message: <55bba514$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/31/2015 4:03 PM, scott wrote:
>> I think that you are in a privileged position. You work in the
>> automotive industry and in R&D.
>
> You must have a good memory, because I quit that job over 3 years ago
> :-) This place makes industrial printing equipment.

My wife might not agree with you. :)
I think that you have mentioned the industry since you left.

> Still I think any
> bargain PC can handle remote desktop, the bottleneck seems to be the
> internet connection between my house network and my work network. Remote
> desktop works seamlessly within each network, but try to access one from
> the other and it is very awkward to use.

Probably just the crappy companies I've worked for.

>> The number of times I have forgotten what I was going to do by the time
>> the machine had drawn the screen are legend. Not all the time of course
>> but enough to raise raise your frustration levels to boiling point.
>
> Oh that happens regularly here too on other system, just not seen it on
> remote desktop across the same network. Try getting in to work and then
> waiting over 30 mins for your PC to boot. I just lock mine over night now.

Routine:
Arrive, switch on PC, take of jacket, go for coffee, log on, talk to
early starters. Look to see if it is ready. :)

>> I wish I lived in your world. :)
>
> I'd find out a bit more about it first if I were you :-)

I know. The other man's grass is always stronger. ;-)

--

Regards
     Stephen