POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : OS as a Service : Re: OS as a Service Server Time
8 Jul 2024 09:02:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OS as a Service
From: scott
Date: 31 Jul 2015 11:03:20
Message: <55bb8e38$1@news.povray.org>
> I think that you are in a privileged position. You work in the
> automotive industry and in R&D.

You must have a good memory, because I quit that job over 3 years ago
:-) This place makes industrial printing equipment. Still I think any
bargain PC can handle remote desktop, the bottleneck seems to be the
internet connection between my house network and my work network. Remote
desktop works seamlessly within each network, but try to access one from
the other and it is very awkward to use.

> The number of times I have forgotten what I was going to do by the time
> the machine had drawn the screen are legend. Not all the time of course
> but enough to raise raise your frustration levels to boiling point.

Oh that happens regularly here too on other system, just not seen it on
remote desktop across the same network. Try getting in to work and then
waiting over 30 mins for your PC to boot. I just lock mine over night now.

> I wish I lived in your world. :)

I'd find out a bit more about it first if I were you :-)