POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compiling POV-Ray 3.7, second attempt : Re: Compiling POV-Ray 3.7, second attempt Server Time
29 Apr 2024 07:16:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling POV-Ray 3.7, second attempt
From: "Jörg \"Yadgar\" Bleimann"
Date: 27 Jul 2015 19:13:08
Message: <55b6bb04@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 27.07.2015 21:13, James Holsenback wrote:

> openexr-devel - Library to Handle EXR Pictures (16-bit floating-point
> format)

Not available with my current repository list...

> libSDL-devel - SDL Library Developer Files

X support really would be a fine amenity - with my recent installations
of POV-Ray 3.6 (and also 3.7) I wondered while POV-Ray displays no
correct rendering window (but rather a discoloration of other windows
present on the screen), while with an installation of 3.6 some three
years ago, the window was displayed correctly!

But I would like to postpone the installation of these packages until I
got 3.7 to work at all...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar