POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Friday afternoon project: a real time ray tracer in your browser : Re: Friday afternoon project: a real time ray tracer in your browser Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:38:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Friday afternoon project: a real time ray tracer in your browser
From: scott
Date: 27 Jul 2015 06:47:27
Message: <55b60c3f$1@news.povray.org>
> Have you seen this? The accepted answer looks simplish...

http://math.stackexchange.com/questions/337782/pseudo-random-number-generation-on-the-gpu

Looks promising, I'll save that page and see if I can implement it. It's
surely going to be better than my trial-and-error bodge.

As highlighted on that page, the main problem is that every single pixel
runs exactly the same code with the same inputs (apart from pixel
coordinate). So you need some way of making every pixel generate a bunch
of random numbers that are in no way related to any other pixels in the
image (otherwise you get strange patterns like you saw with your 1
sample image).