POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Friday afternoon project: a real time ray tracer in your browser : Re: Friday afternoon project: a real time ray tracer in your browser Server Time
8 Jul 2024 07:43:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Friday afternoon project: a real time ray tracer in your browser
From: scott
Date: 24 Jul 2015 13:57:48
Message: <55b27c9c$1@news.povray.org>
>> Ah well. I just get a JavaScript alert telling me that it can't
>> initialise shader1, then a couple that say "null", and then a message
>> that it can't initialise shader2.
>>
>> Ironically, I have a nearly identical setup: Opera (so, the Chrome
>> rendering engine), Windows 7, and an nVidia 600-series GPU.

>> Ah yes - it's not like you can just run the Mersenne Twister on a
>
> Same here. But that was on Chrome. My graphics card is only an Ati 5770

Hmmm odd, I wonder why that is. I just tested it on my work PC (nVidia
Quadro something) and it worked ok.

Maybe it's something to do with the length of the shader? You could try
reducing the number of samples down to 1 (line 39) and the trace depth
down to 2 or something (line 118), that should make the shader much shorter.