POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Reach for the SKI : Re: Reach for the SKI Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:55:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reach for the SKI
From: scott
Date: 22 Jul 2015 03:32:52
Message: <55af4724$1@news.povray.org>
An interesting read... What are the uses of SKI then, apart from just
making simple algorithms take up a million characters to encode?

> Still, this whole idea came about as I was thinking about a Bash script
> that contains a tarball that it then unzips, which mostly contains a
> giant SKI program and the SKI interpreter. Good luck to anybody trying
> to reverse-engineer that! ;-)

Sounds like the start of an IOCCC entry to me, although it seems the
recent entries are just ridiculous (like PC emulators, ray tracers and
realtime CFD solvers in a few lines of gibberish C code with lots of
commas).

I once wrote an interpreter for a one instruction set computer (that's a
lot easier than what you did!) and even wrote the code to generate prime
numbers using it, but it got complicated and boring very quickly to do
anything useful. OK I found it on my old HD, see attached, it should(!)
compile and output all the prime numbers up to 1000. I wouldn't attempt
to try and figure out how it's doing it though :-)

I have a feeling though, writing a prime number generator in SKI might
be a tad longer...

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'test.c.txt' (1 KB)