POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's tornado season : Re: It's tornado season Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:04:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's tornado season
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 17 Jul 2015 17:23:04
Message: <55a97238$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 17 Jul 2015 07:28:56 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 7/16/2015 5:54 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Come visit, and I'll buy you a beer.;)
>
> Only if it is in a 20 oz pint pot not one of your 16 oz short measures.

There's a few local pubs that serve "proper" pints around here.

Funny story:  Friend of mine who lives near Stratford was over visiting
in Atlanta (tech conference), and there's a pub in the CNN Center (<---
just for me, and because that's how they spell it ;) ) called "Reggie's
British Pub" (looks like it might still be there, in fact).

Dave likes a drink now and then, and they have Guinness - which is first
choice - so we went in and grabbed a table.

The server came over and took our order, and he asked for a pint of
Guinness.  She wrote it down and said "small pint or a large pint?" -
which got her a puzzled stare followed by "a *pint*, please".

I think from the accent she picked up that there really was only *one*
proper pint as far as he was concerned. ;)

Going there was a regular thing for a few years, and they remembered us -
and even ordered in extra Guinness knowing that we'd be there that
particular week. :)

Jim