POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's tornado season : Re: It's tornado season Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's tornado season
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 16 Jul 2015 12:54:45
Message: <55a7e1d5$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 16 Jul 2015 08:25:06 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 7/16/2015 3:48 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> Strange. I never think of Eddie Izzard
>>
>> It's part of one of his routines - I quite enjoy his humour (<-- just
>> for you ;) ); it's a shame the tickets to his shows are so bloody
>> expensive. He was here in Seattle end of last month, but the tickets
>> were going for about $500 a piece (though I see from the website that
>> the prices were more like $40/$60 - so that may have been 'aftermarket'
>> tickets because it was sold out).
>>

> There's the free market, for you. ;-)
> He has never appealed to me. No particular reason except for his face.
> O_O

That's OK - different tastes are fine.  I think the recorded shows are
*probably* better than live performances - he's dyslexic, and apparently
sometimes has trouble remembering where he was going.  That would be
quite distracting, I think.

But his run around the UK ("Marathon Man" is the series about it) was
very good - not really about his comedy at all.

>>> "sistour"? I can't even guess.
>>
>> I wanted three, and with the way work went today, I couldn't think of a
>> third.  ;)
>>

> LOL.
> I will invoice you for two minuets googling time. ;-)

Come visit, and I'll buy you a beer. ;)

Jim