POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Computer woes : Re: Computer woes Server Time
6 Oct 2024 07:14:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Computer woes
From: Stephen
Date: 15 Jul 2015 09:55:56
Message: <55a6666c$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/15/2015 1:48 PM, scott wrote:
>> Or the "Pound" symbol as it is called in America. (Shift+3 on American
>> keyboards.)
>
> Now that's confusing. What about hashtags, do they have poundtags?

I don't know. I thought that too.

>> Yes, it is just a stock item. I tend to use Maplin for bits. Al least
>> they have shops where the staff know the stock and there is one near me.
>
> Personally I'm finding more and more that I can become far more
> knowledgable than the salesperson by spending a short amount of time
> researching online.

When I worked offshore. I had to make sure I was ordering the right
thing. It was a long swim to change it. :-)

> And speaking to several friends and family who
> do/have worked in various physical shops I would certainly never assume
> any salesperson was acting in your best interests.

:-) Now, why do you say that? ;-)

In my day job. I work with Customer Service managers and the like.

<Pump up the sugar.> <Pump up the sugar.>
No, that was the sales manager. But CS are just as bad.

> You're probably OK
> discussing resistors with the local Maplins geek though :-)

True but try it at PC World and you will walk out with a printer and
free toaster.

--

Regards
     Stephen