POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Computer woes : Re: Computer woes Server Time
8 Jul 2024 09:41:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Computer woes
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 14 Jul 2015 01:15:03
Message: <55a49ad7$1@news.povray.org>
That sucks.

I had a similar issue with my Macbook Pro (provided by work).  Apple
doesn't have accidental coverage, apparently (or if they do, my employer
doesn't buy it).

$1200 for the service. And even though I live walking distance to an
Apple store, I had to send it to our corporate office in Denver, who had
to send it to Apple (otherwise, I'd have had to pay out of pocket and get
reimbursed, because Apple apparently isn't set up to do POs for that sort
of work).

I think I was without it for 3 weeks (there was a delay in our office,
not Apple's fault, AIUI), and basically I ended up with a new laptop - so
my lid decal was gone (and it was a *really* cool one - so I'm sad about
that, but I've got a nice replacement for it - just not the same one).

It would've been nice if I could've just taken it to the nearby store,
though.

Jim