POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's tornado season : Re: It's tornado season Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:05:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's tornado season
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 10 Jul 2015 19:55:48
Message: <55a05b84$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 14:26:26 -0400, James Holsenback wrote:

> On 07/10/2015 01:22 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>> radar/333321

>>> well dodged a bullet ... couple of funnel clouds spotted but the
>>> didn't touch down
>>
>> That's good news.  All we have up here in Seattle is smoke from the
>> fires in Canada (well, it's cloudy today - maybe we'll finally get some
>> rain - it's been really dry this year).
>
> we've been soggy here since spring. off and on high water and impassable
> roads at times ... fronts stall as they head into west virginia and we
> are low compared to them ... flash floods. from looking at the weather
> news you guys out west sure could use some of our rain!

Yeah.  My new boss is in Denver, but went to school here in Seattle - and
said that this spring/summer has felt like she was back here.

It's almost like we've become an extension of California from a water
level standpoint, and people here aren't really aware of water usage
(because, well, 135 days of rain per year on average).

My wife and I, having lived in Utah for 20/30 years (the former for me,
the latter for her) are well-versed in water restrictions.  The locals
here - not so much.

Jim