POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 7/4 : Re: 7/4 Server Time
6 Oct 2024 07:53:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 7/4
From: Stephen
Date: 7 Jul 2015 02:22:53
Message: <559b703d$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/7/2015 5:45 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Jul 2015 18:35:08 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>

>> I remember it when I was a child. That has gone now in the UK. :-)
>> When I was in Nigeria. I got e-mails telling me that I was going to
>> Hell. Because I was not a believer. I was glad to not be part of her
>> community.
>
> Yeah, there are places on the planet that I won't be visiting.

I was desperate for work. But I would sell my granny* not to go back. :-)
I keep getting opportunities in the Middle East. Needless to say that is
a no go situation.

>> - but of course, you have to have
>>> the *right* religious beliefs, too.
>>>
>> Yes. There was a little bit of that. Where I grew up.
>
> I wish I could say I was surprised by that, but I'm not.

The difference is, atheists and other religions were non combatants.

>>> But he's a very fast kinesthetic learner. :)
>>>

>> I've not heard that phrase. It could be describing me. :-)
>
> It's a fancy word that means "hands-on" - it's how I also learn the
> best.  Give me a book, I might learn it.  Let me work in the lab, though,
> and I'll have it very quickly.
>
> Some people are visual learners (Ken is that as well - obviously with his
> near photographic memory), some are auditory learners, some are
> kinesthetic - but most people benefit from a combination of approaches.
> Designing training materials is easier when you understand how the
> audience learns, or how to adapt your delivery to the needs of the
> student.

I read the Wiki article again and auditory learner describes me to a Tee.

> One of the myriad of things outside any area of study I had in school
> that I've picked up over the years. :)

Mostly school boards are well minded. But there are more things in
Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in their philosophies.

*
I have just had a sudden thought. I've worked at the three points of the
slave triangle; Glasgow, West Africa and Jamaica. I am not too sure that
I am comfortable about that. :-(

--

Regards
     Stephen