POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compiling POV-Ray 3.7, second attempt : Re: Compiling POV-Ray 3.7, second attempt Server Time
25 Apr 2024 20:13:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling POV-Ray 3.7, second attempt
From: clipka
Date: 3 Jul 2015 23:59:55
Message: <55975a3b$1@news.povray.org>
Am 04.07.2015 um 01:20 schrieb "Jörg \"Yadgar\" Bleimann":
> Hi(gh)!
>
> After replacing my entire previous Linux installation by Debian 7.8
> "wheezy", I once more tried to compile POV-Ray 3.7... now, all
> additional packages recommended in unix/README.md were installed without
> any errors. When I started the prebuild.sh script, all worked well -
> except for one final error message:
>
> config.status: error: cannot find input file: `Makefile.in'

Quite obviously, all worked /not/ well. You might want to double-check
the output messages - I guess they do report /some/ error or warning. At
any rate you don't seem to be reporting the exact symptoms, as
"config.status" doesn't come into play until the "./configure" step.

What version of POV-Ray 3.7 are you trying to build?

3.7.0 stable release, for instance, is known to not configure properly
with new versions of automake, causing secondary error messages similar
to the one you're reporting.