POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: We check the union Blender - Povray : Re: WIP: We check the union Blender - Povray Server Time
17 May 2024 23:23:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP: We check the union Blender - Povray
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 30 Jun 2015 03:28:39
Message: <55924527@news.povray.org>
On 29-6-2015 21:44, LanuHum wrote:

> Thomas, please check this vase in Poser.
> This mesh2 was created by the official exporter.
> It is important to me to know: there is a error or not?

Now, this is an interesting conundrum.

The mesh2 geometry obviously seems corrupt when loaded in *Poseray*
(image povwip27.jpg).

However, it seems to render correctly, although extremely slow when
rendered in *UberPOV* (image povwip27_uber.png) ;

and a bit faster in *official POV-Ray* version  (image povwip27_37.png).

To speed things a bit up, I switched photons off.

My guess is that the export is not really correct because the vase which
was made from an obj version rendered fast, also with photons. So, the
official exporter needs to be looked into.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'povwip27.jpg' (26 KB) Download 'povwip27_37.png' (64 KB) Download 'povwip27_uber.png' (85 KB)

Preview of image 'povwip27.jpg'
povwip27.jpg

Preview of image 'povwip27_37.png'
povwip27_37.png