POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : RSoCP by UberPOV : Re: RSoCP by UberPOV Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:21:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RSoCP by UberPOV
From: clipka
Date: 29 Jun 2015 09:12:58
Message: <5591445a$1@news.povray.org>
Am 29.06.2015 um 13:35 schrieb Thomas de Groot:
> Right. This should be it I guess:

Now look at that! I /love/ the material shown on the left!

Now you need to do something about the plane, because it /really/ breaks
the scene.

> As I am still unsure about the looks_like object, in the case of a
> /sun-like/ object, this is the code I used although, to tell the truth,
> it could be left out in the present scene.
>      looks_like {
>        sphere {
>          0, SunDis
>          pigment {color rgb <1,1,1>*10000}
>          //finish {emission 1}
>          no_radiosity
>          no_reflection
>        }
>      }

With no_radiosity and no_reflection, it's pretty simple: If the sun is
directly visible in the image, use it. If it's only visible in
reflections, you're perfetly fine without the looks_like.