POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physically based rendering : Re: Physically based rendering Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:54:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physically based rendering
From: clipka
Date: 23 Jun 2015 12:48:40
Message: <55898de8$1@news.povray.org>
Am 23.06.2015 um 10:22 schrieb Stephen:
> On 23/06/2015 08:03, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>>>
>>> As with many things you haven't actually tried out, once again you don't
>>> have a clue ;)
>>
>> Well, as you say, I haven't actually seen the game. But I was under the
>> impression that space is black. Except for a few infinitesimal points of
>> white light. Doesn't sound like an amazing visual experience. ;-)
>
> The bits where the black has things in it. Is not so black. ;-)
>
> The level of detail at space stations makes me jealous and if I could
> make one of the close ups of the stars, in povray. I would make my
> fortune if it could be rendered 60+ fps.
> I am envious of clipka who has an oculus rift. The view must be
> spectacular, even at the lower resolution.

I wouldn't say it's more spectacular than a good 24" display, nor less
so - it's different. You do win the 3rd dimension, which is spectacular
when cruising around near stellar or planetary bodies, but at the same
time you lose the crisp view of the background stars and nebulae (which
must be impressive on a Retina Display, I'd wager).