POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wall of text : Re: Grouting of comment. Server Time
8 Jul 2024 09:01:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grouting of comment.
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 22 Jun 2015 16:25:57
Message: <55886f55$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Yes, it is for a radio 4 audience. Grown ups who are interested but
>>> never had the time to learn.
>>
>> Yeah, I guess.
>>
>> I'm always disappointed when I watch Horizon or something, and they tell
>> you about something interesting, but simplified to the point where you
>> have no idea what they actually mean anymore.
>
> It is sad when you know more than your teacher. :-(

Well, that was my experience for much of higher education. But I meant
more when you watch a program about string theory or something, and it
*sounds* like it's probably really interesting... but they didn't want
to do an hour of equations, so instead they just have arty shots of
expensive particle accelerators and some whizzy computer graphics. And
an analogy about ants.

>> This is how I learned how logic gates work. I was *so* upset when Emma
>> destroyed the book. Then again, she only did it to upset me, so...
>
> When you go to her wedding. Forget to put on your trousers on the big
> day. ;-)

Pff. Emma got married years ago.