POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wall of text : Re: Grouting of comment. Server Time
8 Jul 2024 07:37:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grouting of comment.
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 22 Jun 2015 14:14:25
Message: <55885081$1@news.povray.org>
>> Hmm. Kinda interesting. And yet, at the same time, it's one of those
>> where everything has been dumbed down to the point where they might as
>> well be talking about invisible pixie fairies or something.
>
> Yes, it is for a radio 4 audience. Grown ups who are interested but
> never had the time to learn.

Yeah, I guess.

I'm always disappointed when I watch Horizon or something, and they tell
you about something interesting, but simplified to the point where you
have no idea what they actually mean anymore.

>> A bit like...
>>
>> http://blog.xkcd.com/2015/05/13/new-book-thing-explainer/
>
> That looks like fun. :-)
>
> For a slightly different take on educating those who do not know.
> Do you remember the secret life of machines?

No idea. What I *do* remember is this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Way_Things_Work

This is how I learned how logic gates work. I was *so* upset when Emma
destroyed the book. Then again, she only did it to upset me, so...