POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: We check the union Blender - Povray : Re: WIP: We check the union Blender - Povray Server Time
1 Jun 2024 16:08:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP: We check the union Blender - Povray
From: Alain
Date: 21 Jun 2015 13:58:19
Message: <5586fb3b@news.povray.org>

>> The uv_mapping gives an interesting effect. You can also achieve this
>> with a gradient texture along the y-axis.
>>
>> --
>> Thomas
>
> Thanks!
>
> Problem:
> mesh2 glass vase

You should use spacing instead of count for your photons.
That way, you set the density of the photons coverage and don't spread
your photons between the various objects and light_source.
Also, if one object seems to receive enough photons, but the other
don't, you can use target float.
The float value is to be used as a multiplicator for the spacing.
target 0.5 will reduce the effective spacing for that object by half,
for 4 times as many photons.

If you want the photons to be reflected by the mirror, using target 2 or
3 will reduce the number of photons dirrected at the mirror. As it's a
flat surface, it don't need as much coverage as the glasses.

Alain