POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's quiet : Re: It's quiet Server Time
6 Oct 2024 07:15:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's quiet
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Jun 2015 01:59:05
Message: <55752f29$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 07 Jun 2015 12:39:53 +0100, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

> At the very least, I wasted ten years of my life at my last job.

When I got laid off, I had similar thoughts - I'd put 8 years into the
company itself, and another 9 years (at that point) as a volunteer in the
company's forums.

But that's not true.  Don't fall for the 'sunk cost fallacy' when it
comes to employment.

Even if you don't realise it, you learned important things at your
previous job (as I recall, it was your first after University, wasn't it?
) - no, I can't tell you what those things were.  That's something you'll
have to look for.

> I get
> the feeling it's time to leave my current one - but that would require
> finding somewhere else to go...

What gives you that feeling?  You seem to be enjoying the work, and from
what I recall you writing, you get along with your coworkers and
management....

Jim