POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's quiet : Re: It's quiet Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:53:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's quiet
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 7 Jun 2015 07:46:53
Message: <55742f2d@news.povray.org>
On 05/06/2015 06:14 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:

> Very sorry to hear this, Andrew.

Yeah. What else is there to say?

Suffice it to say that I've never experienced death before. My grandad
isn't dead of course - but he looks so frail now...

>> It's rather frightening to think that some day soon, it will be me
>> sitting in that hospital bed, knowing that the end is near, and that
>> there's nothing that anybody can do about it. Damn, I've wasted my life!
>
> Hopefully not next week.  But as Stephen says, do things now that you
> don't want to look back on and regret not doing.

If life were that simple, I would have done these things already.

I don't know... now every time I feel slightly tired or my feed ache
slightly or anything, I just feel like I'm completely falling apart.
Like my youth is over and I'll never feel fit and healthy ever again...

>> The daft thing is... my grandfather himself seems to be the only person
>> in the family who's *not* terribly upset about all this. For somebody
>> who now can't do anything, he seems remarkably cheerful...
>
> That's not uncommon, actually.

Hmm. He's probably just enjoying not doing the washing up ever day.

He may not be able to talk much, but he's still the cheeky old rascal
he's always been. (Last time I visited, he wanted us to smuggle in a gin
and tonic...)