POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's quiet : Re: It's quiet Server Time
8 Jul 2024 07:56:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's quiet
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 4 Jun 2015 15:40:48
Message: <5570a9c0$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/06/2015 12:11 PM, Stephen wrote:
> Andrew got a life?

Hardly.

For the past month, I've been tending my grandfather, who has suddenly
been hospitalised. Last time I saw him, he was a regular guy. Now we
can't speak, can't walk, can't move some of his limbs, can't do much of
anything, really.

It's rather frightening to think that some day soon, it will be me
sitting in that hospital bed, knowing that the end is near, and that
there's nothing that anybody can do about it. Damn, I've wasted my life!

The daft thing is... my grandfather himself seems to be the only person
in the family who's *not* terribly upset about all this. For somebody
who now can't do anything, he seems remarkably cheerful...