POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Rainbow: Gradient Editor for POV-Ray : Re: Rainbow: Gradient Editor for POV-Ray Server Time
25 Apr 2024 22:22:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rainbow: Gradient Editor for POV-Ray
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 14 May 2015 19:31:19
Message: <55553047$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 14 May 2015 21:47:18 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 14/05/2015 19:45, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Thu, 14 May 2015 07:40:34 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>>

>>> And without the rhyming but as well, as far as I can see. :-)
>>
>> Well, yeah. The slang is what rhymes, and leaving the slang out leaves
>> the rhyme out too. :)
>>

> And it being a couplet. Like dog and bone -> phone, Apple and pears ->
> stairs. So next time give me a chance. ;-)

Yeah, that too.  But hey, it has words, so that's something. :)

>>> You've got to be careful with Rhyming Slang. It doesn't travel well.
>>> In Glasgow, for good friend we say China (China plate -> mate).
>>> When I was working in Australia I called my best friend China much to
>>> her horror. I am colour blind and had forgotten she was Chinese.
>>
>> Whoops. :)
>>

> Woops indeed. But if you know me it is obvious I am a sinophile. :)

That's true. :)

>>> If you are talking about our election. I am too gutted to find
>>> anything remotely funny about the situation. :-(
>>
>> Completely understood.
>>

> Funnily enough I found this amusing.
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-32736153

Yeah, my wife noted that as well today.

>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg6CTFwOalc
>>
>> Nice.
>
> Yes, by someone who makes a living by not being white. ;-)
> Well done that man. :-)

Yep.

>> And how did I not know Dominic West was a brit?  I've been watching The
>> Wire, and not once did it occur to me that he's not an American.
>> (Unlike Idris Elba, who I previously knew from Luther)
>>

> More power to his elbow, then. I've seen him on stage, years ago. Not
> that I remember him very well. It was Ibsin's Seagull and I was trying
> hard not to scream. Who cares. :-)

LOL

The thing is, I seem to actually remember his character in The Wire doing
a bad English accent of some sort at some point.

>>> LOL Standard response from an old(er) person discussing current
>>> popular culture.
>>
>> Heh, I guess my age is starting to show.  Used to be that I was too
>> young to know what I was talking about, even when I was.  The body is
>> catching up with the mind, it seems.  Hopefully the mind isn't
>> regressing. ;)
>>

> Yes your viewpoint changes a lot and what you were passionate about when
> you were young takes on a different meaning.

Very much so.

> I think that it is one of the things that annoys say, Americans and
> Australians, about the viewpoint of Europeans. I like to piss off the
> English who call themselves Anglo Saxons by calling them immigrants. :-)

LOL

Sounds like someone in a debate group I'm in who was insisting that the
UK isn't part of Europe.  (Yes, he's British, why do you ask? ;) )

Jim