POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Rainbow: Gradient Editor for POV-Ray : Re: Rainbow: Gradient Editor for POV-Ray Server Time
26 Apr 2024 13:30:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rainbow: Gradient Editor for POV-Ray
From: Stephen
Date: 14 May 2015 16:47:20
Message: <555509d8@news.povray.org>
On 14/05/2015 19:45, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 14 May 2015 07:40:34 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>

>> And without the rhyming but as well, as far as I can see. :-)
>
> Well, yeah. The slang is what rhymes, and leaving the slang out leaves
> the rhyme out too. :)

And it being a couplet. Like dog and bone -> phone, Apple and pears ->
stairs. So next time give me a chance. ;-)

>> You've got to be careful with Rhyming Slang. It doesn't travel well.
>> In Glasgow, for good friend we say China (China plate -> mate).
>> When I was working in Australia I called my best friend China much to
>> her horror. I am colour blind and had forgotten she was Chinese.
>
> Whoops. :)

Woops indeed. But if you know me it is obvious I am a sinophile. :)

>> If you are talking about our election. I am too gutted to find anything
>> remotely funny about the situation. :-(
>
> Completely understood.

Funnily enough I found this amusing.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-32736153

>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg6CTFwOalc
>
> Nice.

Yes, by someone who makes a living by not being white. ;-)
Well done that man. :-)

> And how did I not know Dominic West was a brit?  I've been
> watching The Wire, and not once did it occur to me that he's not an
> American.  (Unlike Idris Elba, who I previously knew from Luther)

More power to his elbow, then. I've seen him on stage, years ago. Not
that I remember him very well. It was Ibsin's Seagull and I was trying
hard not to scream. Who cares. :-)

>> LOL Standard response from an old(er) person discussing current popular
>> culture.
>
> Heh, I guess my age is starting to show.  Used to be that I was too young
> to know what I was talking about, even when I was.  The body is catching
> up with the mind, it seems.  Hopefully the mind isn't regressing. ;)

Yes your viewpoint changes a lot and what you were passionate about when
you were young takes on a different meaning.
I think that it is one of the things that annoys say, Americans and
Australians, about the viewpoint of Europeans. I like to piss off the
English who call themselves Anglo Saxons by calling them immigrants. :-)

--

Regards
     Stephen