POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Good News Of The Day : Re: Good News Of The Day Server Time
8 Jul 2024 10:27:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Good News Of The Day
From: Stephen
Date: 12 May 2015 06:24:03
Message: <5551d4c3$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/05/2015 09:08, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 12-5-2015 7:10, Stephen wrote:
>> A nice story.
>> It makes me quite envious. There are three cats that come into my garden
>> and none of them will come near me. I am beginning to suspect that the
>> previous occupant used to chase them.
>>

> It might be that or something else. When we owned three cats, foreign
> ones came fairly easily to us. I guess that they could smell cat on us
> and thus conclude that we could be trusted (as far as those stupid
> humans could be trusted of course). It was thus in particular that our
> third one elected us as new owners after he was thrown out of his former
> home. Since the demise of our cats, strangers seem to be more reluctant
> to come to us, but the differences of response between individual cats
> are wider somehow. It helps to use some cat language to communicate with
> them.

The thing is, I can speak cat and dog. The best way to get a cat's
attention (assuming it is not vocal) is to ignore it, I find.
I know what you mean by my scent but that has not been a problem before.
I tell you that when I get my next house I will be auditioning for
another cat.

--

Regards
     Stephen