POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Life saving criteria : Life saving criteria Server Time
8 Jul 2024 09:20:23 EDT (-0400)
  Life saving criteria
From: scott
Date: 12 May 2015 03:24:45
Message: <5551aabd@news.povray.org>
As part of our student recruitment process we usually give them a short
group task to do first, just to break the ice and for us to observe
their personalities.

Anyway, part of the one they were given yesterday was to decide which
order to rescue people trapped in a mine. Due to the logistics of the
rescue it was very likely they would not be able to get them all out
before they drowned.

They were given a paragraph about each person trapped: their age, sex,
name, whether they had any children, what their job was, any other
hobbies/community activities, heath problems etc.

That then got me thinking, real rescue teams surely have a set criteria
and process they use to make decisions like this? They can't afford to
waste time discussing in a hectic manner who to save first. Google
didn't show up anything, maybe I don't know the correct words or phrases
to use.

Any ideas or comments? What criteria would you use to decide?