POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ignoring all the political crap... : Re: Ignoring all the political crap... Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:36:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ignoring all the political crap...
From: Stephen
Date: 12 May 2015 00:41:22
Message: <55518472$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/05/2015 22:35, Doctor John wrote:
> On 11/05/15 20:54, Stephen wrote:
>>
>> He got a free trip to Burma and it only cost him a toe.
>>

> I hope he didn't have to stay at one of the holiday camps that the
> Japanese so kindly provided.

No, he didn't but my sister-in-law used to visit a chap who did. Harry
was really unfortunate. He fell on a bayonet while he was lying on the
ground as the Japanese were going home.

> My dad only got to visit Normandy and then eventually Germany.
> Unfortunately, he ended up in the vicinity of Bergen-Belsen (as I think
> you know, he was in the RAMC).

Least said soonest mended.

> My granddad (on my dad's side) went over
> to France in 1916; I think he must have lost his return ticket as he
> never came back.

I can understand that. They almost got me the first time I went to Paris
on a course. They had real food and it changed my life.

--

Regards
     Stephen