POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : can't i rotate a pigment? : Re: can't i rotate a pigment? Server Time
28 Apr 2024 21:32:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: can't i rotate a pigment?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 8 May 2015 03:54:46
Message: <554c6bc6$1@news.povray.org>
On 8-5-2015 9:19, Anton Sherwood wrote:
> As there's only one object in the scene, I sidestepped the problem by
> rotating the object *and* the camera while letting the pigment stay put.

After testing, I can confirm that it is not possible to rotate a slope
pattern, in contrast to other patterns. Even more puzzling, I can
confirm that this is true too when applying the pigment and then
rotating the object: the pigment remains unchanged and does not rotate
with the object.

I do not know if this is a bug or is intentional. If the latest case,
the documentation does not mention it while at the same time indicating
the use of Pigment Modifiers in the example.

I believe we need the voice of an expert now.

--
Thomas