POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fired fox : Re: Fired fox Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:26:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fired fox
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 28 Apr 2015 14:17:44
Message: <553fcec8$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/03/2015 08:08 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> So I installed Opera, and I've just spent about an hour trying to force
> it to work the way *I* want it to work, not how it tells me I should
> work.

So today I learned a thing: Opera auto-updates itself. And it is
impossible to disable this behaviour.

I don't find that very amusing.

(Well OK, it's but *impossible*, just damned hard. There's a
command-line switch --- which won't work if you click a URL which
auto-opens the default web browser. Or you can rename the updater
executable. Which may accidentally get "repaired". Or you can try to
firewall your web browser... good luck with that!)

Not only can you not tell it to stop this, you also cannot tell that
it's doing this. There's no UI to tell you an update is happening, or
how far it's got, or anything. That's very annoying.