POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Blender3D now on Steam : Re: Blender3D now on Steam Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:28:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blender3D now on Steam
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 27 Apr 2015 13:06:19
Message: <553e6c8b$1@news.povray.org>
>> Really? How do you know that?
>
> He might have done some... research?

It's not like you can ask a company "by the way, how much did you pay
for CryEngine?" I very much doubt they would answer you. (It may also be
subject to an NDA, but I doubt it.)

> ... but considering how CryTech doesn't have a monopoly on advanced game
> engines, game studios might still prefer not to choose the most
> expensive one, and rather make a few more peanuts worth of profit instead.

But on the first hand, AAA developers seem to think that the only way to
sell games is to have the best, most impressive game engine with the
most incredible graphics. (It's not like *gameplay* matters or anything
like that.) So presumably they buy the most technically impressive
engine. Money isn't the primary considering here.