POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Blender3D now on Steam : Re: Blender3D now on Steam Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:23:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blender3D now on Steam
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 27 Apr 2015 12:37:01
Message: <553e65ad$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 27 Apr 2015 08:37:54 +0100, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

> On 26/04/2015 10:09 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Generally $0 *million* for licensing stuff like this.  Licensing for
>> stuff like this tends to run in the thousands, not the millions.
>
> Really? How do you know that?

I start from the assumption that when you make a statement like that,
it's pretty much the opposite of reality unless you've provided some
supporting information that makes logical sense.

> I would have expected they just charge the
> maximum amount possible.

....Aaaaand yep.  Total lack of understanding when it comes to pricing
products has been demonstrated.

> And considering how many million people
> typically spend on the salaries of the thousands of people working on a
> game, a few million of the game engine they licensed is probably
> peanuts...

Math fail.

Jim