POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Blender3D now on Steam : Re: Blender3D now on Steam Server Time
6 Oct 2024 07:04:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blender3D now on Steam
From: Stephen
Date: 26 Apr 2015 15:35:31
Message: <553d3e03$1@news.povray.org>
On 26/04/2015 19:09, Patrick Elliott wrote:
> On 4/25/2015 3:54 PM, Stephen wrote:

>> May I mention M$ update and your love for that American institution. :-P
>>
>> <Ducks and runs>
>>
> Yeah, well.. M$ update was made by idiots.

For idiots.

> Its always "security"
> patches, never real bug fixes, and when they, on rare occasion, send out
> an "optional update", like for a hardware driver, they invariably
> include, say, the update for your USB hub, but not for the USB itself,
> causing an incompatibility, which renders the whole hub non-functional.
> They managed to do the same thing with my motherboard's network
> connection one time - thankfully I was able to slog through all the
> bloody control panel shit to roll back the update.
>
> I don't mind update systems that actually F-ing work, and where I have
> the option to only install, like with my video drivers, the ones that
> function properly, instead of stuff that will break when I try to use
> them. :p

You won't get any arguments from me over that.
I don't need cutting edge just a stable system. I have M$ update notify
me then pick want I want to install. Generally a few days or a week
after it comes out. Let someone else beta test the updates, I say.

The only exposure I've had to Stream is playing Elite. Since they
released it on Stream the forums are full of people showing their
ignorance and demanding this that and the other.
I wonder how Blender will cope with Steamers and the learning curve.
Heigh Ho!

--

Regards
     Stephen