POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Not Islay : Re: Not Islay - WIP 4 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:18:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not Islay - WIP 4
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 26 Apr 2015 03:18:05
Message: <553c912d@news.povray.org>
On 25-4-2015 22:33, Doctor John wrote:
> On 25/04/15 15:48, Stephen wrote:
>>
>> I'll write that in my diary.
>> Today on the 25th of April. Dr John made sense.
>>

> Dr John makes sense all the time. Your inability to follow his
> high-level arguments is not his problem ;-)
> (another Glenmorangie? this includes you as well, Thomas; not the reply,
> the offer of a reasonable whisky)

Yes please, thank you. I like those different flavours caressing my palate.

>> An other thing about crofts. They were often sunk into the ground. By
>> that I mean the floor level would be a few feet below the ground level.
>> This reduced the height and exposure to the weather.

I suspected as much, at least for some of the photographs I have seen.

> ...also, notice the net and the stones used to hold the thatch down.

Yes, I did notice them and shall have to add them to the model(s) I am
building. Not that they will be particularly visible considering the
scale of the scene, but they may serve again in the future and there is
some foreground I have to provide for too.

--
Thomas