POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Not Islay : Re: Not Islay - WIP 4 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:24:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not Islay - WIP 4
From: Doctor John
Date: 25 Apr 2015 09:29:48
Message: <553b96cc@news.povray.org>
On 25/04/15 13:11, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Which brings me to the following question: Croft houses today seem
> traditionally to be painted white. Old restored ones however appear
> often unpainted. My preference is for the latter in this scene, or I
> could do a mix.
>
> What do you think?

From what I remember, in general crofters' cottages would normally be
left unpainted. If you think about it, to paint a cottage would require
that you first plaster the outer walls - a waste of resources and
energy. Only the rich would be able to afford it.

Sample image attached

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'blackhouse-only-abandoned-in-the-60s-carloway.jpg' (58 KB)

Preview of image 'blackhouse-only-abandoned-in-the-60s-carloway.jpg'
blackhouse-only-abandoned-in-the-60s-carloway.jpg