POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Not Islay : Re: Not Islay - WIP 4 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not Islay - WIP 4
From: Stephen
Date: 25 Apr 2015 07:40:42
Message: <553b7d3a$1@news.povray.org>
On 25/04/2015 12:08, Thomas de Groot wrote:

> Typical! I mean /by/ Rosa Bonheur ;-)
>

>> 19th century ray-tracing! - Camera obscura?
>
> That and the genre painting, like Ilya Repin for instance.

He is new to me. Thanks.
A quick google and I like his impressionist style. Subtly different from
the western style. The painting with serfs bring an image of Modest
Mussorgsky's Khovanshchina (opera) to my mind.

You could almost describe their work as "chocolate box" but it isn't.

--

Regards
     Stephen