POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Not Islay : Re: Not Islay - WIP 4 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:33:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not Islay - WIP 4
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 25 Apr 2015 03:33:13
Message: <553b4339$1@news.povray.org>
On 25-4-2015 9:13, Stephen wrote:
> On 25/04/2015 07:55, Thomas de Groot wrote:

>>> Don't let the sheep loose on your way out. ;_)
>>
>> What sheep? I see no sheep, except the Minister's. :-)
>>

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highland_Clearances#Year_of_the_Sheep

Thanks indeed! I love that kind of historical information. Somehow, it
finds back its way into a scene or another. The painting of Rosa Bonheur
is typical. 19th century ray-tracing! ;-) It would be interesting to
work on that.

The captions says "about 1860", the signature clearly states "1850".

>>> You are becoming quite proficient with that slope pattern. If you don't
>>> mind me saying. :-)
>>>
>> Hm. It is a huge effort of trial and error each time
>
> Art not science then?

Certainly not ;-)

>> but using primary
>> colours first to get your bearings in each scene is a trick I can
>> recommend.
>>

> Yes, of course. I use Cyan with an ambient of 1 for the default texture.
> So that anything that I have missed texturing shows up.

Yes, and with trace(), using a pigment_map with different contrasting
colours will show where the final hues will appear. They can then easily
be manipulated into the right combination.

--
Thomas