POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Not Islay : Re: Not Islay - WIP 3 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:25:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not Islay - WIP 3
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Apr 2015 07:40:30
Message: <552e4e2e$1@news.povray.org>
On 14-4-2015 17:45, Stephen wrote:
> On 14/04/2015 15:16, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>>
>> The Heilan Coo would be nice although more difficult.
>
> Just a long shot. ;-)
> My head hurts thinking about using a particle system or Poser hairs.

Indeed. Only alternative is with image maps. I have a cow model so I
might be able to pull it off with some additional modelling.

>> There are
>> different things to consider. Atmosphere is one and human imprint is
>> another. I have a couple of ideas I want to pursue.
>

> I look forward to seeing them.
> You must write a tutorial on how you create your landscapes. I remember
> your experiments in Gancaloon. And you have certainly know how to do it.

I shall consider it although the work is quite simple and random. I
think the most important piece of work is texturing. I essentially work
with code developed by Jaime. I shall put something together that might
be comprehensive.

> This landscape is one that I recognise. I spent six days on a
> semi-submersible being towed down the west coast of Great Britain. (Pedant)
> It certainly has the look of the Inner Hebrides.

Strange isn't it? I just took one of my existing height_fields from my
collection thinking it suitable for the Inner Hebrides purpose, and with
appropriate texturing it looks like the Inner Hebrides. It is a
look-alike effect.

> I wait in anticipation.

Some patience is expected from the public. Some music will be provided
and the bar is open in the meantime.

--
Thomas