POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : VR : Re: VR Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:27:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: VR
From: clipka
Date: 15 Apr 2015 02:35:34
Message: <552e06b6$1@news.povray.org>
Am 15.04.2015 um 03:35 schrieb Warp:
> Nekar Xenos <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> It seems to combine some AR-type features, I was wondering if it would be
>> possible to make a Doom 3 type game with your surroundings re-skinned in a
>> Doom theme.
>
> This is exactly the kind of niche feature I'm afraid of. It looks to me
> that they are spending *way* too much time and effort on the augmented
> reality features. And for what? The average user (like me) is not
> interested in those features.

And you know that you're an average user because...?

Matter of fact, we won't know how many people will be interested in AR
until it's actually available and has been experimented with.

Then again, AR has taken off years ago already. QR codes have become
commonplace, for instance. It's strange that people always think of AR
as being strictly tied to 3D.