POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Not Islay : Re: Not Islay - WIP 3 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:32:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not Islay - WIP 3
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 14 Apr 2015 10:16:51
Message: <552d2153$1@news.povray.org>
On 14-4-2015 15:00, Stephen wrote:
> On 14/04/2015 12:08, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> Solved the bright spots with a new old sand texture. Not sure what
>> caused them though.
>>

> That is looking better.
> Just to prove that the sand in the Hebrides is as good as I say. :-)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=islay+beaches&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=mQYtVb2CHM74aKvqgOAD&ved=0CEEQ7Ak&biw=1548&bih=780

Yes indeed :-)

>> Thanks to John for the song, and indeed, Stephen, the water does not
>> really warm up :-)
>>
>> On to some more details now; there must be people living there...
>
> There certainly will be sheep. In fact if you are lucky you might be
> able to pick up a set of horns that look as if they were a prop for a
> Satanic film. You might be able to find a Heilan Coo as well. People are
> a bit more problematic. Most of them were sent to America and Canada
> during the Highland Clearances.

The Heilan Coo would be nice although more difficult. There are
different things to consider. Atmosphere is one and human imprint is
another. I have a couple of ideas I want to pursue.

--
Thomas