POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Eccentric Brits : Re: Eccentric Brits Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:46:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eccentric Brits
From: clipka
Date: 7 Apr 2015 21:02:16
Message: <55247e18$1@news.povray.org>
Am 07.04.2015 um 22:05 schrieb Stephen:
> On 07/04/2015 18:07, clipka wrote:
>> I always knew the Brits were eccentric, so where else could this bizarre
>> air accident have happened...
>>
>> https://youtu.be/OIQQhqpVY80?list=PLRaGrXoicRyQYB4z70WljMLbQ0xUT3ntQ
>
> Would you have expected a German aircrew to behave differently?

Absolutely not... or well, maybe? There are differences in mentality
between people from different nations, and they may result in
differences in the way people react. That aircrew was a perfect match
for the accident; don't know if a German crew would have been. Also,
don't know if any crew would have been, had it not been due to the fact
that there happened to be an extra person in the cockpit on that flight.

But I wasn't alluding to competence anyway, but to, well, shall we say,
karma?

Somehow it seems fitting that such a bizarre thing (including the fact
that there were no casualties, nor even lasting injuries) should happen
not to Germans, Americans, Chinese, or whoever, but to Brits.

If karma had allowed something like this to happen to a German plane at
all, it would have required the pilot to go the extra mile out of the
cockpit and straight into the engine, to cripple the plane for good.
That would have turned this eccentric Brit-ish incident into a proper
solid German-ish tragedy.

(You know, like, German planes don't get lost. If we have a suicidal
pilot in the cockpit, the plane doesn't mysteriously disappear over some
vast ocean never to be found again; it just slams into the next best
mountain, with ample evidence available as to what happened. And of
course France is involved in some way, too.)