POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This looks dangerous : Re: This looks dangerous Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This looks dangerous
From: Stephen
Date: 4 Apr 2015 03:48:15
Message: <551f973f$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/04/2015 08:13, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>> That must be it indeed. That photograph of Morden in the 60th is what I
>>> remember. I said 55 years ago, it must have been 50 rather as my stay
>>> must have been in 1965. The Rolling Stones were singing "Satisfaction',
>>> to the great scandal of the lady of the family I was staying with. ;-)
>>>

>> ... I'm driving in my car
>> and a man comes on the radio
>> he's telling me more and more ...
>>
>> My stepmother hated it. I rather like to think that my natural mother is
>> still dancing to the rhythm.
>>

> <grin> It was a typical generation thing. I remember the worried, lost,
> gaze of my landlady when commenting the song on the radio. What could I
> say? I was 17 and she served me beans and kidneys at breakfast. :-)

I remember what I was doing when I first heard Satisfaction.*
I was camping with the BB at Stonehaven. And was listening to Radio
Luxembourg on my 6 transistor radio**, when it came on. The big boys
even stopped talking about girls, to listen.

* Better than remembering what you were doing when someone died.

** That’s how they were rated back then. The more transistors the better
the radio.

--

Regards
     Stephen