POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pi Day of the century : Re: Pi Day of the century Server Time
6 Oct 2024 07:19:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pi Day of the century
From: scott
Date: 31 Mar 2015 03:14:21
Message: <551a494d$1@news.povray.org>
> The story about this as I remember it is that most of GB used to say 4
> and fifty (and some still do) but that some king or queen decided that
> fifty four better fitted what was written.

Must have been nice to just be able to make changes like that. Today it
would have taken 4 years for a committee to produce a report making a
recommendation, then another 2 years for parliament to debate a spelling
mistake on page 7, another 2 years to rewrite the report, then more
debating and finally the government decides actually we won't bother.