POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aliens are coming! : Re: Aliens are coming! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:13:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aliens are coming!
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 30 Mar 2015 05:19:47
Message: <55191533@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 29.03.2015 10:05, Stephen wrote:

> Libraries?
> The main library where I live has turned itself into an internet cafe.
> And they keep selling off their books.

Internet café... trading quality literature for second- and third-class
content snippets, ignorant bulletin board rants, conspiracy loony
propaganda and Chick gospel tracts! Poor, poor world!

I think copyrights on books should expire 20 years after publication (at
least with maps, it's this way in Germany - they are counted for
whatever reason as databases, which may be copied freely 15 years after
initial publication!), not 50, 70 or 100 years after the author's death
- then we could drastically improve the Internet's content - let alone
full-text searching and all those features which come with digitalizing!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: Kriegstanz [War Dance] (Heinz-Rudolf Kunze)