POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Earth science education : Re: Earth science education Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:27:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Earth science education
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 24 Mar 2015 08:03:40
Message: <5511529c$1@news.povray.org>
On 24-3-2015 10:35, Stephen wrote:
> On 24/03/2015 08:39, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> This:
>> http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-32004102
>>
>> would be an excellent start :-)
>

> You saw that. I thought you might be interested. :-)
> I wonder what else is tucked away in the back of a drawer?

A lot of wonders, no doubt. A significant number of recent discoveries
have been made from specimens tucked away in dusty drawers for decades.

Those maps are marvellous, not only for the beautiful way they have been
made but also for the fact that a single man collected all the data and
put them together comprehensively. And the maps are still broadly correct.

--
Thomas