POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fired fox : Re: Fired fox Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:27:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fired fox
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 20 Mar 2015 11:03:14
Message: <550c36b2$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2015-03-19 16:45, Orchid Win7 v1 a écrit :
> Perhaps you're missing the part where I actually *did* all this to file
> a bug (which, last I checked, is still open). Basically Zypper gives you
> an incorrect error message - but apparently Zypper just tells you what
> Curl tells it. So until Curl gets fixed...

Have you contacted the curl maintainers?

>>> You know what's *really* annoying? Seeing an open bug for THE EXACT
>>> PROBLEM that our production application has, seeing that upstream has
>>> fixed it, and yet OpenSUSE refuses to release an RPM for it. *That* is
>>> annoying! (We're talking about a different bug now. The ticket has been
>>> open for many months. The fix is literally to build a new RPM. Yet it
>>> isn't happening...)
>>
>> Example?  Because for that bug, I'd like to nudge someone, or at least
>> find out why.
>
> In OpenSUSE 13.1, systemd hangs for 60 seconds on shutdown. It's waiting
> for... I forget what it is now, but after 60 seconds it gives up and
> shuts down anyway. It just means every time you want to shut your PC
> down, you have to needlessly wait 60 seconds before it does it.
>
> The bug is fixed in systemd 209 (?), but the latest official RPM from
> OpenSUSE is 208, which doesn't contain the fix. (There was some talk
> about the upstream "fix" being a bit of a kludge... I'm not sure exactly
> how true that is. I just want the bug to go away.)
>
> Somebody filed a ticket. Somebody else said "here, try this RPM and let
> me know if that fixes it". The original poster never let anybody know if
> it worked. Ticket is currently set to "waiting for information" or similar.

Maybe the proposed fix make his pc open a gate the to eight dimension,
and the person was never seen again?  If I was in charge of QA, I'd be
reluctant to release said RPM lest I be sure that it won't make dameons
fly out of someone's nose.

(oh, and either switch newsreaders, or stop deleting the "XXX wrote:"
lines at the top.  It makes it difficult to follow who said what)