POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How many digits of pi have you memorised? : Re: How many digits of pi have you memorised? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:26:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How many digits of pi have you memorised?
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 20 Mar 2015 10:40:09
Message: <550c3149$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2015-03-17 15:53, Stephen a écrit :

> It is amazing the fine tolerances people can work to.

I had a teacher who used to work for Pratt& Whittney and told us the
story of building his house.  He was so used to working with military
specs that he built his house with tolerances in measured in microns.
He says that on the first rainy day, none of the doors in his house
would close.

(I have a feeling i was making this up, as you can't get that kind of
precision with a circular saw... and I'm pretty sure he didn't use a
5-axis CMC mill to build his door frames.)