POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fired fox : Re: Fired fox Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:24:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fired fox
From: clipka
Date: 20 Mar 2015 04:23:32
Message: <550bd904$1@news.povray.org>
Am 19.03.2015 um 21:45 schrieb Orchid Win7 v1:
>>> Well, maybe they shouldn't actively dissuade people from filing bugs by
>>> making it so sodding hard to file a bug? :-P
>>
>> It *isn't* hard.  I've filed many bugs over the years, and it isn't the
>> oh-so-difficult process you seem to think it is -
>
> The account setup process seemed tortuously difficult to me. I spent a
> full two weeks trying to work around the problem before I finally gave
> up and tried to file a ticket.

Maybe rather than calling it "tortuously difficult", a better
terminology would be to say that it scares people off.

I'd totally agree with that, and maybe it might help Jim understand your
point.

A signup process asking for more than absolutely necessary (i.e. a valid
e-mail address, an alias and a password) /is/ scary for some people -
and yes, dealing with scary things /is/ difficult for some people.
Sometimes to the extent that they rather suffer two more weeks of trying
alone.