POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pi Day of the century : Re: Pi Day of the century Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:42:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pi Day of the century
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 16 Mar 2015 06:08:11
Message: <5506ab8b@news.povray.org>
On 03/15/2015 01:21 AM, clipka wrote:
> Am 15.03.2015 um 03:14 schrieb Cousin Ricky:
>> At just the right time, we Americans could catch ten digits today.  The
>> rest of the world will have to wait for the crude approximation in July.
>>   :-P
>
> Uh, yeah... because when it comes to date formats, the Gregorian date in
> American notation is the pinnacle of mathematical thinking... >_<

What do you expect from a country that still uses inches and feet?

Nevertheless, there is one area of math where America excels: voter
demographics.  Check out:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illinois%27s_4th_congressional_district

I changed my system date format back to ISO after I took the screen shot.